Thursday, July 16, 2009

Is Israel Safe

Envoy George Mitchell, the outspoken Mrs. Hillary Clinton, following up on the unexpected demand by our President that Israel must stop developing homes in their own territory causes me a great deal of concern.. I can understand why they should not build in territory they have agreed to relinquish, territory they captured. The rhetoric has changed, taken on a new tone , one that concerns me greatly.

Israel has always been the strongest Ally the U.S. could depend on in the Mid East. The world knows that terrorists are constantly trying to scuttle the peace process. Does Hamas carry enough weight with our administration that suddenly Israel is threatened with aid reduction? If someone can enlighten me, perhaps I am missing something, I would be most grateful.

To get back to the purpose of this forum, here is some Mishagas to lighten your day:
A Jewish man was sitting in Starbucks reading an Arab newspaper. A friend of his, who happened to be in the same store, noticed this strange phenomenon.

Very upset, he approached his friend and said "Moishe, have you lost your mind? Why are you reading an Arab newspaper?"

Moishe replied, "I used to read the FORWARD but what did i find? Jews being persecuted, blamed for everything, Israel being attacked. Jews disappearing through assimilation and intermarriage, Jews living in poverty, the obituary column"

"So, I switched to the Arab newspaper. Now what do I find?"

"Jews own all the banks and they control the media. Jews are all rich and powerful. Jules rule the world. I also enjoy reading the obituaries, especially when they are long columns. The news is much better"

Have a nice day and remain Gezunt

Ms. Sadie Mishagas
Photo available upon request.

No comments:

Post a Comment